parallax background

Chianti rhapsody

Carpaccio, simple and aristocratic

The poetry of Chianti begins on the vine.  There is no such thing as a chianti grape, but the vineyards flourish in the Chianti hills, allowing the grapes blended to produce this wine to mature.  What is so special about the Chianti hills? What makes these vineyards so extraordinary? They are located in Tuscany, one of the world’s most beautiful regions, located in the rural provinces between Siena and Florence, one of the world’s most enchanting and charming corners.  Chianti wine is made from at least 80% Sangiovese grapes.  The remaining 20% can be made from a selection of other red grapes allowed by wine regulations.  White grapes cannot account for more than 10% of the total. What makes this wine so special? The grapes must be produced from vineyards cultivated in this geographically homogeneous zone. The Chianti hills are an extensive and unique landscape extending as far as the horizon with a mosaic of vines growing side by side, all producing different grapes which mature together in a large ecosystem to create the final result in our wine glasses.

The Chianti hills are so special because their wines are a grape orchestra growing side by side in perfect harmony, imposed by strict regulations in order to produce the famous Tuscan wine. Autumn offers more than just the magic of the wine harvest.  In this season, the leaves change colour and the hills are dense with vines creating a palette of warm colours: golden yellow, deep red, ochre. As the sun rises and sets, it reflects an open-air kaleidoscope of shades and tones as diverse as the variety of grapes harvested. This is a unique landscape, where the vines become a single, organic ecosystem based on choices, culture, nature and memories centuries long, creating poetry by trusting nature, the sun, the rain and the benevolence of destiny as well as the generosity of a land bursting with fertility for the vines yet soothing for the spirit.